CHamber Music Competition
Info for Presenting Organizations
The Chesapeake Chamber Music Competition actively tries to identify other presenting organizations for future engagements for the Competition Finalists. Among the presenting organizations who have attended in the past are:
- Academy Art Museum, Easton, Maryland
- Buckingham’s Choice, Adamstown, Maryland
- Candlelight Concert Series, Columbia, Maryland
- Chincoteague Cultural Alliance, Chincoteague, Virginia
- Christ Church, Cambridge, Maryland
- Friends of Chamber Music, Reading, Pennsylvania
- The Kennedy Center, Washington, DC
- Old Wye Church, Wye Mills, Maryland
- River Concert Series, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
- Washington College, Chestertown, Maryland
Representatives of presenting organizations who attend the Competition are warmly received and are invited to be part of a special brunch where they can interact with one another on the morning of the Competition. They then receive free admission to the day’s performances. Presenting organizations may stay for as few or as many of the Competition performances as they wish.
If you represent a presenting organization and wish to attend the Competition, please contact Hanna Woicke at email@example.com.
A vibrant hub for the arts on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, Easton is a small town whose streets are lined with art galleries, antique shops, wonderful restaurants, and historic inns.
The performances for the 2014 Chesapeake Chamber Music Competition will be held in the fabulously restored Avalon Theatre, which was once an Art Deco style movie house that attracted audiences from miles around.
In addition to the Avalon, Easton is also home to the Academy Art Museum, whose permanent collection contains important paintings of Color Field painters Gene Davis and Anne Truitt, as well as other modern American artists and European old mastersMore information about Easton is available at the Talbot County Tourism site.